We provide individuals who are facing an SBA loan default with solutions. We will analyze your SBA loan problems and advise you on potential solutions such as an SBA offer in compromise.
Dealing with the idea that you might be facing an SBA loan default can be terrifying. The SBA attorneys in our office are skilled at helping clients understand all the facets of their situation. We will advise you as to the potential for an SBA offer in compromise. You should never face your SBA loan problems alone. It is important to retain the services of an attorney who can help you through this difficult time in your life. Please contact us for a consultation.
You signed a personal guarantee for an SBA loan, either a limited or unlimited guarantee. You've had a falling out with your business partners and you want out of the guarantee. Do you have any options?
Yes, you can be released from the guarantee or substitute in another guarantor with the following considerations:
(1) The status of the loan. It should be current in all respects without a history of unjustified delinquencies, unpaid taxes, or deferment of installments.
(2) Written requests. The field office must have a written request from the borrower, the guarantor to be released, or the proposed substitute.
(3) Consent of other parties. The written consent of all parties (e.g., other guarantors, standby creditors, etc.) must be obtained before the transaction is finalized.
(4) Opinion of counsel. You must obtain the opinion of SBA counsel showing that no legal rights of the Agency will be adversely affected.
(5) Sale or reorganization. Where a request is received for the release of a guarantor because of reorganization or sale of the firm, you must provide full information as to the terms and conditions of the proposed transaction. The SBA must take care to ensure that the guarantor's position is not improved at the expense of SBA, or that a possible loss to the guarantor is not passed on to the Agency. The guarantor should not be permitted to substitute SBA for his or her ownership position
(6) Evaluation of substitute guarantors. Before the SBA can recommend accepting a substitute guarantor in place of the original, the SBA will analyze/compare the values of the guarantors. The borrower must furnish personal financial statements and any other information satisfactory to the approving official.
If you can make it through the SBA gauntlet it is possible to be released from your guarantee. If you are facing this or other SBA loan problems, please contact us at 888-756-9969 for a consultation.
Millions of Dollars in SBA Debts Resolved via Offer in Compromise and Negotiated Repayment Agreements without our Clients filing for Bankruptcy or Facing Home Foreclosure
Millions of Dollars in Treasury Debts Defended Against via AWG Hearings, Treasury Offset Program Resolution, Cross-servicing Disputes, Private Collection Agency Representation, Compromise Offers and Negotiated Repayment Agreements
Our Attorneys are Authorized by the Agency Practice Act to Represent Federal Debtors Nationwide before the SBA, The SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals, the Treasury Department, and the Bureau of Fiscal Service.